Science: the Index

This list includes most of the science books I’ve read since 2007, omitting  titles that received only scant mention.

Brane and Brane! What is Brane?!- Cosmology and Astrophysics*

The Milky Way: Local Astronomy

Space: the Final Frontier

Third Rock from the Sun: Geology and Planetary Science

Weather and Climate

Chemistry and Physics

Flora and Fauna

Biology

Anthropology, Archaeology, and Paleontology:

Neurology and Psychology

History of Science

Thinking Scientifically

Misc

* I actually use this as a shelf label on Goodreads. I live in hope that anyone will recognize it. Ten years, no luck so far.

This entry was posted in Index and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Science: the Index

That's a LOT of science! Most of which I've neither read or own.

Brane and Brane! What is Brane?!

I was going to say that it rang a vague bell when it just popped into my head! SPOCK's Brain!!!! Where McCoy had to learn how to put it back after learning how from the ancient computer via the super hairdryer thing.

At long last!

(I've only watched that episode once. Once is…enough.)

You've read a lot more books on the side of astrophysics/physics than I have, I think, especially with your VSI series.

3. R.T. (Tim) says:

Wow! What a great list. Thanks for the reading provocations. When I have more courage, I will give Hawking another attempt, but I doubt that I will understand much beyond the first few words.

Cosmological physics generally beyond me, too — in part because it seems so abstract. Books on animal behavior are a lot easier to grasp and more entertaining to think about, at least for me.

5. R.T. (Tim) says:

Carl Sagan made the abstract sensible for me with his book _Cosmos_. But that was eons ago.

Sagan had a rare gift for that, one which hasn't been equaled. He is the one who re-ignited my interest in science, after it lay dormant all throughout high school.