Oktoberfest and Octoberfright

Well, dear readers, it’s October again.  I’ll be opening with a nod to German history, this time with a WW2 emphasis as I’m trying to address my TBR pile of doom.  I’m sure it will go down smoothly  with a Bavarian beverage or two. Then I’ll be shifting into mystery and horror as we approach Halloween, with the hope — fingers crossed — of finishing Frankenstein.

Previous “Octoberfest” reads:
A Mighty Fortress: A New History of the German People,  Steven Ozment
German Resistance to Hitler, Peter Hoffman
The Lady from Zagreb, Philip Kerr (Fiction)
They Thought They Were Free: The Germans, 1933 – 1945, Milton Mayer
If the Dead Rise Not Philip Kerr (Fiction)
Germany: Unraveling an Enigma, Paul Nees

Previous “Octoberfright” reads, all fiction:
Dracula, Bram Stoker
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, Max Brooks
Night of the Living Trekkies,  Kevin David Anderson
Carrie, Stephen King
Christine, Stephen King

This entry was posted in Reviews, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Oktoberfest and Octoberfright

Frankenstein really impressed me…. I guess it isn't having the same effect on you?

I really haven't made a serious attempt to read it, but for the last two years I briefly considered it, then read Dracula or something else.

3. mudpuddle says:

night of the living trekkies????? that had to be a winner… didn't it?

4. Marian H says:

I didn't really like Frankenstein, but I know that's a minority opinion. 😀 Looking forward to your thoughts on it!

Definitely the funniest “horror” book I've ever read…it's about a zombie outbreak (caused by an alien parasite) that happens at a Star Trek convention.

As arguably the first SF novel, it certainly bears reading!