Flying over the Grand Canyon

In April I visited Arizona for the sole purpose of seeing the Grand Canyon, and took a helicopter tour that left me as awe-struck and mesmerized as I have ever been. Tonight I put together a video of some of my footage taken during the flight.  I hope it conveys even a little of the experience.

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Flying over the Grand Canyon

Wow! Impressive. That's a memory that'll stay with you for a while I guess [grin]. Good choice of accompanying music. Suitably dramatic!!

Thank you! It's called “The Dream of Flight”, and it was composed by Christopher Tin for the game Civilization VI. I'm almost certain they used it in-flight, but I don't know how they would have found it. They also used what sounded like the Cosmos music from Vangelis, and the Superman fanfare….it was amazing.

you really do get to see more from a helicopter than from the rim: pretty spectacular! it occurred to me while watching that geologists are just historians with a longer pov… tx for the show…

4. Marian H says:

You don't fully feel the scale till it switches to the view with trees… truly incredible!!

I was thinking the same thing today while reading a book of “deep history”…reviewing the 5 previous mass extinctions!

Just seeing it is an awe-some experience (with the dash to emphasize “awe”), but being up there…it was REALLY moving. I was in this weird giddy-peaceful mood for a couple of hours after that.

7. lydiaschoch says:

That was a very cool video. Thanks for telling me about it and sharing it on your site.