Teaser Tuesday (26 October)

And Teaser Tuesday has rolled around once more!

Readers particularly loved it when Alice acted bolder than  a twenty-one-year-old  “girl” should, like when she welcomed the 1905 Fourth of July with a bang, going out to a car on the rear of the train after breakfast and taking potshots with her own revolver at receding telegraph poles. No one thought to ask why the president’s young daughter was packing her own pistol. Americans expected such risqué behavior from their Princess.

(p. 13, The Imperial Cruise: A Secret History of Empire and War; James Bradley.)

O’Brien reached into his satchel, extracted one of his remaining phaser grenades. He pressed the Arm button. One hippopot–

The grenade, not having been reset from the default ‘0 seconds’, exploded instantly.

(p. 106, Star Trek Deep Space Nine: Fallen Heroes; Dafydd ab Hugh)

This entry was posted in memes and surveys, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Teaser Tuesday (26 October)

1. LMW says:

These all sound like really great teasers! I hope that you are enjoying reading the books!
    The Delusional Diaries

2. Marg says:

I am loving these Star Trek teasers!

My teaser is here

3. jlshall says:

I knew Alice was quite a character, but I didn't realize she actually carried weapons! What a gal! Those are both great teasers.

Here's my teaser.

4. Lisa says:

I love the radical shift – old trains to phaser grenades. Good teasers!

My teaser is here.

5. Aisle B says:

I like this girl she packs a pistol and just coz she's the president's daughter doesn't mean she's witless.

Great choice. Mine is all about Linger so come and linger over at Aisle B. Yes … but pun ;P

6. Madeleine says:

Alice sounds like a fabulous character! I love her already. 🙂

Here's ours for the week.

7. E.J. Stevens says:

Alice sounds like a fun character. Interesting teasers! My teaser from Glass Houses (Morganville Vampires) is here.
    xx,
    E.J.
    From the Shadows

8. Lori says:

Cool teaser. I hope that you enjoy your book. Check out my MY Teaser For Tuesday. Happy Reading.

9. Alayne says:

Ooh, sucks to the guy in Star Trek! Loved the first teaser. 🙂 Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

10. Amy says:

I'm intrigued by the teaser for The Imperial Cruise. I think I'd like to read more about Alice!

I guess O'Brien is one of the Fallen?!

Thanks!
    ~Amy
    Amy's Teaser

11. Alice Roosevelt Long-whatever was a hoot! I'm going to look for that book. Thanks.
    Su-sieee! Mac
    This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

12. shaunesay says:

both great teasers!

My teaser is here if you'd like to visit!

13. Violet says:

Alice Roosevelt sounds like quite a character! That teaser makes me want to learn more about her. 🙂

Eek! Hope O'Brien survived that grenade accident. Thanks for sharing both teasers.

– Violet @ The Eager Readers