Teaser Tuesday (12 October)

Teaser Tuesday — going boldly where no man has gone before, except for last Tuesday.

“For the next few hours I don’t wish to be disturbed by anything less than the arrival of a Borg armada in Earth orbit.”

“If you’d like, I could contact the Borg directly and ask that they postpone any imminent actions so as not to disturb your evening,” Decan said deadpan.

(p.44, Full Circle.  Kirsten Beyer.)

But the moment she reached the door and activated its sensor, [Torres] found herself facing Counselor Cambridge.

“Is this a bad time?” he asked.

“Actually, it is,” Tom said.

“Excellent,” Cambridge said, stepping inside.

(p. 163, Full Circle.)

This entry was posted in memes and surveys, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Teaser Tuesday (12 October)

1. Haha I love that last one. I really enjoy reading books with a sense of humor and it sounds like this book is one of them. THanks for sharing 🙂

Come read my teaser from Noah by Jacquelyn Frank

2. Beth says:

The second one is great. Here is my teaser for this week.

3. Aisle B says:

She's in for it now… CAUGHT!

Mine is full of Torment.

so come on by if you get the chance.

4. Madeleine says:

Haha, I really love this type of humour, brilliant!

Here's ours for this week.

5. LMW says:

Ah the good ole Borg! Of course they wouldn't recognize her as someone with individual needs…they would just come and assimilate her into the collective rather than heed her request. Haha I sound like a complete Star Trek GEEK! Great teaser! Mine is at:
    The Delusional Diaries

6. Marg says:

I used to watch a lot of Star Trek but I have never read one of the books!

My teaser is here

7. Deepali says:

Love both Teasers, and the sarcastic sidekick especially. It sounds fun! I just finished some space fantasy yesterday, by Eric Flint.

My teaser is at E-Volving Books

8. Lady Q says:

I like the second one best! Of course, in my head she says “Excellent” like Mr. Burns does on the Simpsons! Here's my teaser from Clockwork Angel.

9. Kathy Martin says:

Great teaser! That sounds like a fun book. My teaser is from Troubled Waters by Sharon Shinn. Happy reading!

10. Great sense of humor in these teasers. It certainly makes me want to read more. 🙂

11. Alayne says:

Both are very intriguing! Great picks. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

12. jlshall says:

Those are both excellent teasers! The Trek books sound like a lot of fun – I might dive into the series this fall.

Here’s my teaser from Book of Shadows.

13. Bev Hankins says:

Star Trek! Cool! This is the first time I've seen one refrenced on a blog. Great teasers!

here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesdays.html

14. I love the teasers! They certainly have some humor in them. 😀

15. shaunesay says:

Those are both great! There are times when I would like to schedule the borg to interrupt! lol!

Here is my teaser this week.