This week le Broke and le Bookish are doing books they’re looking forward to in 2018, either as new releases or just-getting-around-to-reading-it titles.
1. Frank Sinatra: The Chairman, James Kaplan
This has been on my to-read list since …er, September 2016. I love ol’ blue eyes, having been a collector of his music and movies since 2004. It’s time to read the sequel to The Voice!
2. 1906:A Novel, James Dalessandro
I’ve read several factual histories of the San Franscisco earthquake and fire of 1906, and this one has been on my to-read list for a while.
3. The Grid: The Fraying Wires Between Americans and Our Energy Future, Gretche Bakke
You know I love reading about power lines.
4. Door to Door: The Magnificent, Maddening, Mysterious World of Transportation, Edward Humes
Roads are also cool.
5. Munich, Robert Harris
“Robert Harris”. Sold!
6. Fools and Mortals, Bernard Cornwell.
“Bernard Cornwell”…SOLD! Wait, is this about Shakespeare? Who do I see about er, getting it a little early? Know whatimean, nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more?
7. 9 Presidents Who Screwed Up America, Brion McClanahan