Teaser Tuesday (29 March)

Teaser Tuesday again…and for the first time in a long time, I’m almost playing by the rules! 😉

Let us completely drive away foul habits, as we would base men who have done us great harm for a long time.
The possession of the greatest riches does not resolve the agitation of the soul or give birth to remarkable joy — nor does the honor and admiration of the crowd, nor any other of those things arising from unlimited desires.

p. 81 and 85, The Essential Epicurus. Both of these are from his Vatican Sayings.

This entry was posted in memes and surveys, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Teaser Tuesday (29 March)

1. Belinda says:

Hehehe I get giddy when I follow the rules because I rarely do it. Once day I'm tempted to make my tesder something like “He saw a tree. It was green” LOL It's two sentences! You can see my teaser choices at The Bookish Snob Happy reading!

2. Majanka says:

Thank God for long sentences 😉 Two is just too short. Nice teaser!

Take a look at my Teaser!

3. GraceKrispy says:

fascinating teaser! (I lol at your first link, it confused me for a while!)
    Here's Mine!

GraceKrispy@MotherLode blog

4. Soooz says:

I particularly like “The possession of the greatest riches does not resolve the agitation of the soul or give birth to remarkable joy” So perhaps that's where “money doesn't buy happiness” originated. Er-hem.

My teaser is …

5. Marg says:

Very wise even today.

Here's my teaser for this week.

6. Lori says:

I hope that you are enjoying your book. Check out my Teaser for Tuesday.